**Most recent update(10/12) including metric measurements are below in the comments. I tweaked the cornstarch/potato starch ratio.**
**9/27/10 I've updated the recipe. What is below is the improved mix. It is continually evolving so I will post new updates as I have them. This new mix is the best yet! Oh, this is the doubled batch, but if you want to just try a little, it halves easily.**
No-Rice Gluten-Free Flour blend
2 1/2 cup Millet Flour
2 cup Sorghum Flour
2 cup Potato Starch
1 3/4 cup Tapioca Flour
1 1/2 cup Cornstarch
5 Tbs. Potato Flour
3 1/2 tsp. Xanthan gum
Finally, a word to the wise.....
***It's a good idea if you are GF to rotate your grains so you don't become sensitive to rice, or any other for that matter. ***
I have since converted and updated this recipe. The measurements are now in metric. I found it easier to get consistent flour blends by using a scale. Actually, with the kids running around I kept losing track of how many scoops I put in. :)
ReplyDeleteI use this mix for all my regular cooking needs, and use the Rice Free Jules' copy mix for breads/pizza crusts.
ice-free Gluten-free Flour Blend (10/12)
250g Millet Flour
368g Sorghum Flour
500g Potato Starch
180g Tapioca FLour
204g Cornstarch
50g Potato Flour
12g Xanthan Gum